Peak Athletic Performance and Improved Mental Toughness!
When you think about how much of sport success relies on mental toughness (i.e. confidence, focus, concentration, and resiliency), it only makes sense to dedicate specific training to help enhance and improve mental abilities. Unfortunately, there are still far too many athletes today caught up in the perceived stigma attached with anything tied to the word “mental,” and as a result they don’t allow themselves to grow and prosper in this area of training.
Instead of thinking about the word “mental,” it might serve athletes better to think of these skills as “cognitive” or “composure” skills. In fact, when mental skills are taught from an educaitonal vanatge point, athletes almost always tune in as they dont feel threateneed that somebody might find out they are getting “mental” help.So, in the spirit of “cognitive training,” I wanted to quickly remind readers of the ever-expanding performance enhancement line of products currently available at Advanced Human Performance Systems:
- Mind of Steel – a four-part audio series that covers the gamut of sport psychology mental toughness training — the gold standard for serious athletes.
- Ten Tips for Peak Athletic Development – an abbreviated version of Mind of Steel, yet still packed with important sport performance science information for athletes who want to reach their full athletic potential!
- Sport Success 360 – this program goes beyond sport performance training and offers athletes important informaiton eprtaining to the growing number of psychosocial issues and concerns they face.
- Positive Transitions for Student Athletes – if you are an athlete heading into a sport transition – or sport retirement – help plan for your next move by using this invaluable pdf download.
- Mind of Steel (book) – Mind of Steel the book is designed for learners who prefer text over audio — the same great information from the audio series is here!
If you are an athlete and feel your game could be better by expanding your competitive training, please consider some of the products described above. If you decide to continue doing things the same way, keep the following famous quote in mind:
If you keep on doing what you have always done, you’ll keep on getting what you have always gotten.